What is easyC?
easyC is the system for simple connection of microcontroller boards, sensors, and actuators which allows fast prototyping without the possibility of error. The connection between modules occurs with simple and pre-assembled cables, and easyC modules have connectors corresponding to the cables. easyC is based on the I2C communication.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF USING EASYC?
1. No soldering: all easyC-compatible boards come with the already soldered connectors which connect with pre-assembled cables. The whole process takes a few seconds! We offer a couple of cable lengths for all kinds of applications, even the version with cables for the experimental board.
2. No errors: a polarized connector that can only be turned on in one direction, completely eliminates any possibility of connection error. You will never replace SDA and SCL lines again!
3. Parallel connection: due to the I2C communication that easyC connects, you have the ability to connect an extremely large number of devices in a parallel! For example, connect Croduino NOVA to temperature, humidity, pressure, light and air quality sensors in a few minutes, and create a weather station which sends data to the Internet.
HOW TO USE EASYC ON THE I2C BOARD WITHOUT EASYC CONNECTORS?
easyC is supported on all boards that use I2C for communication. If you want to use easyC with a system that does not have an easyC connector, there is an easyC adapter that adds two easyC connectors to any standard I2C header.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHAT VOLTAGE DOES THE EASYC SYSTEM WORK AT?
easyC works at 3.3V and must not be connected to any other voltages in order to prevent damaging other devices connected to the system.
WHAT IS THE EASYC CONNECTOR AND CABLES PINOUT?
All easyC cables use the same colors which signify different signals and are always arranged in the following order:
Black - GND
Red - 3.3V
Blue - SDA
Yellow - SCL
WHICH CONNECTORS ARE USED FOR EASYC?
Connectors which the easyC uses are commonly known as JST 4-pin connectors, but in fact they are JST-SH compatible connectors with 1.00mm space between pins. Find the drawing for female connector here, and for male here.
WHAT IS THE MAXIMUM CABLE LENGTH THAT CAN BE USED TO CONNECT EASYC MODULES?
This depends entirely on the I2C communication. Without entering a complex theory, we will state that the system has no problem and reliably works on cable lenghts longer than 2m.
THE LIST OF EASYC COMPATIBLE BOARDS:
• easyC cable 6cm
• easyC cable 10cm
• easyC cable 20cm
• easyC cable 50cm
• easyC cable 100cm
• easyC cable with breadboard endings (dostupno uskoro)
• Digitalni voltmeter and amptermeter INA219
• BMP180 pressure and temperature sensor
• SHT21 temperature and humidity sensor
• SHT20 temperature and humidity sensor
• APDS-9960 gesture, proximity, light and RGB color sensor
• Air quality sensor SGP30-2.5K
• Analog to Digital Converter (ADC) 3.3V
• Analog to Digital Converter (ADC) 5V
Actuators & breakouts:
• LCD 16x2
• LCD 20x4
• OLED display 128 x 32
• Digital to Analog Converter (DAC) breakout
• Digital Potenciometer 10k
• Real Time Clock
• easyC adapter